When it comes to providing a better guest experience, hotels nowadays need to offer a holistic experience, not just great accommodation. Today’s travellers are looking for experiences and expect staff to know local areas inside out and share personalised information. Guests expect immediate access to this information and a quick response to their requests.
Technology can help hoteliers to personalise experiences and give everything the guests need when they need it. Attract the tech-savvy generation and future-proof your business by creating your own mobile app that drives guest satisfaction and increases revenue and loyalty. Hoteliers can streamline the entire guest journey with a hotel app. Here’s how you can get the most out of it and engage with your guests before, during and after their stay:
- Welcome guests prior to their arrival and send them useful information about your hotel and travel information to make their journey easier.
- Guests can view hotels’ amenities, dining and room service options and everything you wish to include. A mobile app provides the most convenient and quickest way to inform your guests.
- Integrate your PMS and digital door lock system and eliminate long waiting queues at reception by offering in-app check-in and mobile door key.
- Communicate with your guests easily via in-app messaging. Guests can contact your staff at their convenience and order room service, share instant concerns or compliments.
- Promote special offers and services by sending push notification. It’s a simple and effective way to upsell and inform guests about last minutes offers.
- Drive engagement with any of your guest-facing technology by making it easily accessible in your app.
- Ask guests for feedback and encourage them to leave a review on Google or TripAdvisor. It’s more personal than an anonymous follow-up email and ensures more reviews.
- Re-engage with your guests with special offers. Increase direct bookings by linking your app to your booking engine and reduce OTA commission.
- Your app can also include an innovative loyalty programme designed to increase repeat business.
- If you have multiple properties, you can showcase them in one single app your guests can explore all our locations. Reinforce your brand and stay competitive in today’s tech- savvy market.
Competing with big chain technology
Many big hotel chains already adopted loyalty and booking apps. Criton gives independent hotels access to the same technology and allows them to create their own guest app.
To find out more about how to deliver a seamless guest journey, meet the needs of the modern guest and leverage hotel technology, download Criton’s free ebook The Ultimate Hoteliers Guide to Today’s Tech-Savvy Guests.