Penelope Bedroom – part of the world’s leading bed-ware company, Maya Textile – has just launched its first showroom in the UK, at 566 Kings Road, London SW6 2DY.
Esra Misztela, MD, says, “We are delighted to bring 26 years of experience in creating all hand-made and natural bed-ware products directly from our factory to UK customers for the first time.
“With decades of experience, the company has been supplying the world’s leading hotels, and manufacturing for leading luxury brands for many years, we are proud to now offer UK customers the ability to upgrade their bedrooms to hotel standards.”
Founded in 1993, Maya Textile manufactures luxury sleep products including pillows, quilts, mattress toppers and protectors, mattresses, and related bedroom accessories. The company created the first pillow and quilt brands of the Turkish home textile industry.
Commencing operations in a small 250 m² space with the goal of promoting the most healthy and high-quality sleep possible, the company today manufactures world-leading bed-ware in a gigantic 46,000 m² factory just outside Istanbul – among the most technologically advanced factory of its kind in Europe and one of just a few in the world.
Maya Textile washes one ton of feathers every day in their own factory; all the products are hand-made and easy-care/machine washable, as well as being anti-allergenic.
For decades, the company has supplied its quality bed-ware products to some of the world’s leading hotels and resorts including The Ritz-Carlton, Hilton, Sheraton, Movenpick, Radisson, Jumeirah, Kempinski, Conrad International, and many others.
Along with its 1000+ product range of bedding items, the company also fills lace pillows and cushions for Turkey’s leading furniture manufacturers; and creates down jackets for some of the world’s best-known fashion brands.
Customers can select from a wide range of the finest filling materials for their bed-ware – whether entirely natural such as down, feather, Woolmark virgin wool, natural cotton or bamboo; or high tech such as Thermolite Tencel, Outlast, latex, tremolite, nano-fibre, bead fibre and visco-elastic; as well as various comfort options – from firm, to soft, to postural, to both firm and soft sides in one pillow.
The company prides itself on producing only natural and sustainable products.
- Maya Textile produces 2,500,000 pillows and 3,600,000 duvets a year
- The company exports to 50 countries – both via white labelling and own brands
- Penelope Dorme (Hotel Collection) has supplied almost all of the most iconic hotel chains globally
- GOST-R and ISO 9001 (International Organization for Standardization) and animal welfare certificates
- Maya Textile owns licenses for Outlast, Woolmark, Tencel, Thermolite, and Nomite.
- Leading sleep products manufacturer in Turkey
- Top manufacturer of down and feather pillows and quilts in the world
- First pillow and quilt store in the retail industry in Turkey
- Only (board level) member of the European Down and Feather Association from Turkey
- Board member of the International Sleep Products Association
- 26 years’ manufacturing expertise creating tailor-made, high tech, bespoke bedding products for some of the world’s most demanding clientele.
If you like more information on Penelope Dorme collection please contact Esra Misztela on 07826535809 or email esra.misztela@