Julien Rio, Marketing Director at RingCentral Engage Digital, outlines why the WhatsApp Business Solution matters and how it can improve your offering.
Last year, WhatsApp launched its WhatsApp Business Solution that enables medium to large organisations using a Digital Customer Interactions Platform to process a greater volume of customer messages. It is an important step and adopting this type of digital customer service can make a huge difference to customers in the hotel sector. With customer experience set to be a more important differentiator in the hotel sector than ever before – now is the time to get on board!
Being able to interact with guests or potential customers in this way is not only convenient for them, but it also reflects the trend of consumers wanting to communicate with brands at the time and way of their choosing. Adopting these channels can improve customer satisfaction, extend the reach of your brand, boost conversions, and deliver on other valuable company KPIs.
As of July 2019, 1.6 billion users were accessing WhatsApp regularly. Hence, it is a primary way to connect with customers as one of the most popular messaging channels across the globe. WhatsApp Business Solution enables companies to integrate it as part of a wider strategy that unifies digital channels on a single platform and this has become a significant factor in its adaption.
WhatsApp Business allows you to create a branded profile, complete with a business description that includes all details including your website. It can offer effective customer engagement with the use of images, location sharing, and other rich messaging features.
Of course WhatsApp is not just relevant for the individual hotel locations. Where a hotel group has centralised booking or customer service, it can be used to make a distinction between where head office, or an individual hotel should engage with a guest on a query. For those hotels that need to manage multiple queries at the same time, the enterprise WhatsApp solution offers a great way to consolidate high volumes of messages for customer service agents.
Why should you adopt WhatsApp for guest engagement?
● Popularity – One of the most popular messaging apps, there are over 65 billion messages sent every day via the app and web-app. The accelerated use of messaging apps as a preferred channel for conversation is apparent.
53% of people are more likely to shop with a business they can message directly. Plus it is available in 60 languages, allowing users around the world to enjoy a personalised customer experience
● Asynchronous communication – Improve agent productivity and lessen processing time with the asynchronous cadence, chat history, and concise messages. The adaptability and individual characteristics of asynchronous enterprise messaging give companies the ideal chance to connect with consumers on the devices used every day.
● Setup Templates – Ability to automate template messages for routine requests such as general information about specific services, or checkout times, with fast resolutive replies. Pre-approved messages can be utilised to send notifications to customers from who clear permission has been obtained. These can be created by your team with templates or from the API provider. The only requirement is that they are non-promotional.
● Secure – All messages are secured with end-to-end encryption, meaning that no third party can access it. There are limitless opportunities where WhatsApp could be applied in customer care for the purpose of relaying private data or trading detailed documentation with clients all in a private and reliable app.
● Verified Account – An official verified Business Account, whereby your account has a green tick to signal its validity when you choose to add the WhatsApp Business Solution API through a provider for your omni-digital platform. This ensures your customers that they are contacting the right account and reinforces the security of this channel.
WhatsApp Business Solutions offers a great way for hotels to engage with guests and make sure they offer seamless and frictionless experience for guests, helping them with every aspect of their stay, from frontdesk to concierge services, booking laundry or room service. Importantly for potential guests, it offers them a direct connection to the hotel where they can enquire about making bookings. The future of customer services is omni-digital, brands that embrace this will see a positive impact on their business.